ROADSTAR CARAVANS WARRANTY
ROADSTAR CARAVANS WARRANTY & SERVICE
Thank you for purchasing a Roadstar Caravan which we hope you will enjoy for many years to come. To demonstrate Roadstar Caravan’s (Roadstar) confidence in the quality and integrity of our manufacturing process, and provide you with peace of mind, Roadstar offers a 3 year manufacturer’s warranty on each new Roadstar Caravan sold (Warranty).
Roadstar’s Warranty allows you to enjoy your travels in your new Roadstar Caravan with the full confidence that you have purchased a contemporary, top-quality caravan amongst the best in Australia.
The benefits contained in this Warranty are in addition to the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law. Under the Australian Consumer Law, you are entitled to a replacement or refund if there is a major failure and to compensation for reasonably foreseeable loss and damage. You are also entitled under the Australian Consumer Law to repair or replacement of your goods if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Nothing in this Warranty is to be taken to exclude, modify or restrict any state or federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services, including the Australian Consumer Law, which cannot be excluded, modified or restricted.
Roadstar warrants to the original purchaser of every new Roadstar Caravan that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, all parts of the manufacture or assembly of the Roadstar Caravan carried out by Roadstar are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 3 years from the date of [purchase/delivery] under normal use and specified servicing (Warranty Period).
The Warranty is not transferrable to a subsequent purchaser of the Roadstar Caravan if it is sold by you during the Warranty Period.
Under this Warranty, if any part of your Roadstar Caravan is found by Roadstar to be defective in material or workmanship during the Warranty Period, Roadstar Caravans will at its sole discretion:
- replace or repair the Roadstar Caravan, or the defective part; or
- cause the Roadstar Caravan, or the defective part, to be replaced or repaired by a qualified repairer,
free of charge to you and within a reasonable time.
Where a part or component is found to be defective in material or workmanship during the Warranty Period, and an identical part or component is not available, Roadstar reserves the right to replace that part or component with a part or component of similar quality, grade and composition.
How to make a Warranty claim
If you are satisfied that your claim is covered under this Warranty, contact Roadstar at the address listed below, or the dealer from which you purchased your Roadstar Caravan.
Your warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase;
- full details of the alleged defect in material or workmanship;
- service and maintenance records for your Roadstar Caravan; and
- any other information relevant to assisting Roadstar in considering your claim.
Once your claim has been lodged, you must, at your own cost and expense, deliver your Roadstar Caravan to Roadstar or its authorised repair agent for inspection and testing.
If upon inspection and testing, Roadstar determines that your Roadstar Caravan is free from any defect covered by this Warranty, it may at its sole discretion recover from you the cost and expense of such inspection and testing.
Roadstar’s liability under this Warranty is limited to the cost of repairing or replacing your Roadstar Caravan or any defective part. Without the prior written consent of Roadstar, no reimbursement will be made for repairs undertaken under this Warranty by repairers not authorised by Roadstar.
Roadstar makes no express warranties or representations other than those set out in this Warranty.
This Warranty shall not apply where the Roadstar Caravan has been:
- repaired, altered or modified by someone other than Roadstar or its authorised repair agent;
- used for a purpose other than for which it was designed;
- subject to misuse or neglect or overloading, involved in an accident or any other cause beyond the control of Roadstar;
- used for commercial or hire purposes;
- towed by a vehicle other than a standard passenger vehicle (or standard 4WD);
- subject to premature wear and tear when used for permanent living purposes.
The Warranty does not apply to:
- damage or defects arising from accident, theft, or exposure to abnormal environmental conditions (including stone strike, windstorm, lightening, hail, temperature, humidity, pressure, stress or similar);
- damage or defects arising from water ingress (including submersion in water), infestation (of animals, rodents or inspects), rust or corrosion;
- damage or defects arising from the use of unauthorised parts or accessories;
- damage or defects arising from the failure to properly use, service and/or maintain the Roadstar Caravan in accordance with Roadstar’s instructions, recommendations and specifications (including maintenance schedules);
- damage or defects arising from excessive speed or impact;
- tears, punctures, shrinkage, softening or fading of fabric items such as canvas, canopies, windows, screenings, cushions, mattress and upholstery;
- damage or defects caused to tents, curtains or plywood finishes caused by condensation;
- damage or defects caused by deterioration of sealants over time.
Components and appliances not manufactured by Roadstar
Some components and appliances of your Roadstar Caravan are not manufactured by Roadstar (including, but not limited, to axles, wheels, couplings, refrigerators, stoves, microwave ovens, air conditioners, radios and televisions.
These components and appliances are covered by individual manufacturer’s warranties and are excluded under this Warranty. However, Roadstar will at its sole discretion assist you in making a warranty claim to an individual manufacturer should it be necessary and use its best endeavours to pass on to you any benefit of a third-party manufacturer’s warranty.
Roadstar’s range of off-road caravans are designed and manufactured to withstand Australia’s tough conditions while keeping you in complete comfort. Roadstar’s off-road caravans have added strength, durability and ground clearance and are suitable for varying degrees of unsealed and off-road usage as follows:
- limited unsealed road usage – GT Classic
- limited off-road usage – GT Sport, Voyager
- extended off-road usage – GT Sport Cross Country, Lt. Rippa Adventurer, Safari Tamer, Daintree, Sirius
Roadstar off-road caravans are built in accordance with Australian Design Rule Standards, including in respect of gas and electrical venting. Gas and electrical venting requirements and construction constraints limit the effectiveness of off-road caravans against dust and water penetration. Under no circumstances should Roadstar’s off-road caravans be exposed to water at, or above, body floor. As owner, it is your responsibility to ensure adequate air ventilation is maintained.
When travelling off-road, extra care and attention is required and Roadstar strongly recommends travelling at a safe speed according to road and weather conditions. Tyre pressure is also particularly important when travelling off-road and must be adjusted accordingly.
Recommended tyre Pressures:
Corrugated/rough 20 – 25PSI
Sand 15 -20 PSI
The following items, in addition to those above, are not covered under this Warranty for Roadstar’s off-road caravans:
- impact or stone damage to body, chassis or running gear;
- soiling or damage to fabrics items and internal fittings from dirt, dust or other airborne substances;
- water damage due to creek crossings;
- damage caused by use off-roads or tracks described above as unsuitable;
- damage caused by the dislodgment of appliances and fittings as a consequence of hard impact or heavy landings on severely rutted roads or tracks.
- damage caused by using high pressure washer directly to applied sealants and/or ventilation.
- damage caused by using solvent and or chemicals to wash caravan and/or RV. Chemicals will affect long term durability and cause failure to surface shield protection, i.e powder coat and plastic of all components, aluminum cladding, aluminum and/or plastic windows, hatches and sealant adhesives.
Your Responsibility – maintenance and servicing
As the owner of a new Roadstar Caravan, you are responsible for regular and proper maintenance and servicing. This will help prevent defects from arising that are outside Roadstar’s control and are not covered by this Warranty. Failure to service and maintain the Roadstar Caravan (including as set out below) may void this Warranty.
You must regularly maintain your Roadstar Caravan by, amongst other things, checking and maintaining adequate tyre pressure, greasing and tightening components, cleaning filters (such as in air conditioners and water pumps) and by maintaining, painting and rust-proofing painted and/or exposed surfaces.
You must also ensure your Roadstar Caravan is serviced by Roadstar authorized agent, or the dealer from which you purchased it, at your cost. Service intervals must not exceed 12 months (commencing from the date of [purchase/delivery] of your Roadstar Caravan) and must include the following:
- checking and adjusting where required door and window alignments;
- checking and adjusting pop-top and step alignments;
- checking and adjusting cupboard locks and catches;
- checking all lights are operational;
- checking operation of awning (if fitted);
- checking operation of appliances and equipment;
- inspection for and repair of water leaks;
- inspection of and replacement where required of sealant and silicone;
- greasing and tightening components;
- lubricating stabilizers and coupling;
- lubricating locks, hinges and clean vents;
- checking, cleaning, adjusting and repacking wheel bearings;
- tensioning wheel nuts;
- checking tyre pressure, wear and alignment;
- checking and tightening suspension and pivot points;
- adjusting brakes and checking brake assemblies;
- visual inspection of undercarriage (and reporting of any defects);
- checking electrical wiring to ensure it is secure and correctly routed;
- checking gas and plumbing lines to ensure they are secure and correctly routed;
- pressure testing gas system;
- checking battery terminals and acid levels.
Maintaining regular and proper maintenance and service of your Roadstar Caravan will ensure your enjoyment of your new Roadstar Caravan for many years to come.
Caravan Industry Of Association Hand Book provided in Roadstar satchel should also be referred too.
824-830 Cooper Street
Somerton Vic 3062
Telephone: (03) 9302 3722